for Spill Response
- 1000 feet of oil containment boom on the Sea Goose, our 45′ response vessel, north end of Lopez. The Sea Goose has two 130 horsepower (hp) diesel Volvo outdrives, six anchor systems, Avon lifeboat, safety equipment, gas detection meters, and other equipment for air monitoring.
- 800 ft of oil containment boom on the yellow Department of Ecology (DOE) trailer* at the north end of Lopez.
- Skimpak oil skimmer and peristaltic pump on trailer at the north end of Lopez.
- 800 ft of oil containment boom on the yellow DOE trailer* at Fisherman’s Bay.
- Auklet, 16 ft work skiff with 85 hp Suzuki outboard motor, on trailer off Center Road.
- Kinglet, 18 ft work skiff with 50 hp outboard motor, on trailer off Center Road.
- 200 ft of mini-boom on trailer off Center Road.
- 15 safety supply backpacks for shore crew, nine VHF handheld marine radios, sorbent pads and sweep, spill bags; personal protection equipment and various other containment and oiled wildlife equipment and supplies are at the IOSA office in Lopez Village.
- 1900 ft of oil containment boom on trailers at fire station.
- 1150 ft of mini-boom of various types on trailers at fire station.
- Anchor systems, safety equipment, sorbent pads and sweep, oil snare, oil spill bags, and nets, along with other spill response supplies are all in a trailer at the fire station.
- 1700 ft of oil containment boom near ferry dock, on trailer, along with anchor systems and other spill response equipment.
- Scoter, 13 ft work skiff, with 30 hp outboard on trailer just off Killebrew Lake Road.
- 800 ft of oil containment boom on yellow DOE trailer* at Deer Harbor.
- 800’ ft of oil containment boom on yellow DOE trailer* in Eastsound.
San Juan Island
Port of Friday Harbor Marina/Airport:
- Green Heron, 23’ Beachmaster landing craft with 115 hp and 8.9 hp outboards, three anchor systems and personal protection equipment.
- 800 ft of oil containment boom in yellow DOE trailer.*
- Sorbent pads and sweep, wildlife pens, and other miscellaneous wildlife supplies in trailer.
- 1000’ ft of larger oil containment boom in trailer by airport.
- 1200 ft of oil containment boom in trailer by airport.
- Rope mop skimmer with 135 gallon basin; 3550 watt Generator, two-inch diesel maritime service pump; manual transfer pump; three anchors; buoys; personal protection equipment; sorbent boom, sweep and pads, spill bags, plus VHF radios.
- 1100 ft of oil containment boom in trailer at Roche Harbor.
- 1000 ft of oil containment boom in enclosure.
- 1200 ft of oil containment boom.
Total Containment Boom: 15,350 ft
(13,900 ft of regular containment boom and 1,450 ft of mini-boom)
Yellow DOE trailers: these equipment trailers hold containment boom, anchor systems, boom lights, sorbent pads and sweep, spill bags and personal protection equipment. IOSA has access to all five trailers and is responsible for maintenance and supplies replacement on four of the trailers.